Team Member Highlights
Master Designer | Makeup Artist
| Follow Molly @wickedbymolly |
It was while in college, at the University of South Dakota, that Molly realized she was in fact destined for a career in hair. After a family member mentioned cosmetology school, it was as if everything clicked and Molly would begin a new path the was meant to be all along. Molly graduated from local school, Black Hills Beauty College. Long before graduating, Molly set her vision and goals for a career at Aj's Wicked Salon & Spa.
Molly can remember the exact moment she became drawn to Wicked. Her dad dropped her off across the street at the local cosmetology school mentioning that maybe one day, after all the hard work she would put into school, Molly could work at a place as nice and as forward-thinking as Wicked. A couple weeks later Molly stopped into the salon to grab a menu. From there, she taped the menu next to her bed so that every morning she could set her intensions in the right direction and envision her ultimate goal - just one goal of many that Molly would set and succeed in. It was Molly's interest in Wicked and eventual career with them, that she was introduced to the world of Paul Mitchell and she instantly fell in love. Molly praises Paul Mitchell for the commitment they've always had against animal testing. She also appreciates that the majority of the company's management team are or have been stylists, allowing them to really understand what salons and stylists want and need to grow and be successful in their own right. In an industry that is always changing, it's necessary to evolve through further education and team work and that is exactly what AJ's Wicked Salon & Spa provides for Molly and her fellow team members.
Molly is inspired by people such as John Paul Dejoria, Colin Caruso, Mary Cuomo, her Wicked family, and queen bee Beyonce. She looks to art in photography, the writings of E.E. Cummings, and inspiration she finds in alternative world, hip-hop, and indie music. In her free time, you can find Molly camping at Sheridan or Pactola Lake, day hiking at such spots as M Hill with her dog and family, motorcycle cruising through the Black Hills, and enjoying her local community. Molly is drawn to the sun and outdoors and enjoys exploring during travel. Her personal aesthetic is clean, fresh, and everything with a purpose. Molly core values are to be kind, be strong, be driven, and be genuine.
- Molly's Signature: clean cuts and fresh hues of blonde
- Secret Weapon: Invisiblewear Pump Me Up for added texture to styling, body to flat hair, grit to overly soft hair, AND to help disguise dirty hair
- Favorite Hair Trend: shadow roots, grown out blondes, and loose waves
- Current Inspirations: @domdomhair, @jvn, and @kimi_swimmy
- Always at Molly's Station: Awapuhi Hydrocream Whip and Awapuhi Styling Treatment Oil
- Favorite Hair Service to Perform: all around refresher with a fresh color, cut and treatment
- Molly's Personal Haircare Routine: Forever Blonde Shampoo & Conditioner, Awapuhi Styling Treatment Oil, Awapuhi Hydrocream Whip, and Neuro Protect
- Advice for Healthy Hair Maintenance: A mix of good quality products and keep up with trims/cuts
Molly's Favorite Eminence Products/Skincare Routine:
- Mix Stone Crop Cleansing Oil with Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant - to cleanse
- Lime Stimulating Masque - mask at least a couple times a week
- Rosehip Triple C+E Oil - apply prior to your moisturizer
- Coconut Age Corrective Moisturizer - apply last
Inika Organic Favorites:
- Strength Mineral Foundation
- Peach Fetish and Copper Crush Loose Mineral Eyeshadow
- Meet Matte Eyeshadow Palettes
- Meet Matte Liquid Lipsticks
- Their array of bronzers
Molly's Makeup Application Tip: tap out brushes to avoid clean up and have a plan prior to starting to avoid over-layering.
All this week, get to know Molly @ajswicked