Wicked Team Member Highlights
Stylist | Makeup Artist
| Follow Dawn @sunshineandhairspray |
Growing up Dawn would define herself as the artistic, misunderstood outsider. Spending most of her free time in her bedroom writing dark poetry and making her own clothes, Dawn was destined for a career that would give her the opportunity to, not only grow in, but also showcase her artistic talents. In that Dawn likes to think that she was born for a career in the beauty industry; she's been passionate about hair and makeup for as long as she can remember. At the age of 23 she chose Black Hills Beauty College to further her passion of beauty. As one of her greatest accomplishments, Dawn received her cosmetology license in 2016.
Having grown up the child of parents with gypsy souls, she's never felt deeply rooted in any specific place, quite like her artistic tastes. Dawn would describe her personal aesthetic as eclectic, multifaceted, non conforming, mid-century modern. She adores a modern take on vintage visuals.
Dawn owes so much of her hard work and expertise to the women she works for/with at AJ’s Wicked. She believes they push her each and every day to be the best stylist she can be, both with extensive continued education and daily affirmations. Originally, Dawn did not have much expertise with the world of Paul Mitchell until she began working at Paul Mitchell focus salon, Wicked. Once she started working with the product line itself, along with the exposure to the culture, she fell in love. From high quality products that smell fantastic to the countless charities they give back to, Dawn feels honored in representing Paul Mitchell.
- Dawn's Signature: vibrant, uniquely customized fashion colors
- Secret Weapon: Neuro Lift Volume Foam for a voluminous blowout that lasts
- Dawn's Personal Hair Care Routine: washes infrequently using Awapuhi Wild Ginger Shampoo and Conditioner, Paul Mitchell Dry Wax and spritz of Paul Mitchell Hold Me Tight to take on her often dense, coarse pixie cut.
- Favorite Hair Trend: soft, textured bangs with tousled waves
- Budget Friendly Advice: maintaining healthy hair will save you in the long run. Try the Awapuhi line as it's extra moisturizing and doubles as a heat protectant, saving your hair from unnecessary heat damage caused by hot tools.
- Dawn's Eminence Favorites:
- Clear Skin Probiotic Cleanser
- Pear and Poppyseed Microderm Polisher
- Apricot Calendula Cream
- Raspberry Pore Refining Masque
- Inika Favorites:
- Vegan All Natural Brushes
- Mineral Eyeliner Pencil
- Loose Mineral Eyeshadow
- theBalm Favorites:
- Mary Dew-manizer Liquid Highlighter
- Schwing Liquid Eyeliner
- Even Steven Whipped Foundation