Team Member Highlights
Master Designer | Makeup Artist | Bridal Specialist
| Follow Stormy @stormy_styles_hair |
Stormy grew up always doing her own hair, along with everyone else's. By the age of 12 she had already performed her first hair cut. Like today, with the addition of weddings, Halloween and proms were always a creative time for Stormy as she busied herself with her two younger sisters' hair. Truly feeling hair to be her calling and creative outlet, Stormy would later find herself graduating from local cosmetology school, Headlines Academy.
It was after a salon visit, while still in cosmetology school, that Stormy knew she wanted to work at AJ's Wicked Salon and Spa. She absolutely loved the aesthetic and vibe that Wicked produced. As two of her cosmetology instructors appreciated the Paul Mitchell culture, along with their products, Stormy was inspired to research the world of Paul Mitchell and was hooked. She fell in love with the philanthropic spirit of the company, along with John Paul Dejoria's advocacy in so many charities. Stormy is also inspired by Paul Mitchell's culture of encouraging constant, continued education. While pushing for learning and growing, the company also provides the tools and outlets to do so. As a supporter of further education, Stormy believes that if you stop learning and growing, you're stagnant. If you become stagnant, you lose your passion and burn out. Education is the key to long-term success and happiness.
From a hair artist stand point, Stormy receives much of her inspiration from following stylists on Instagram and through attending hair shows, such as the Gathering. Her favorite hairstylists include Ulyana Aster, Noogie Thai, and Robert Cromeans. Beyond the world of hair, Stormy is inspired by the things she enjoys doing most, such as; reading, hiking, movie going, gardening, yoga, and spending time training with her dogs. She looks to the fashion of Alexander McQueen, describing her personal fashion as disheveled but feminine. Stormy lives by the motto "be whatever you want to be as long as you are kind to people, animals, and nature".
- Stormy's Signature: both soft, romantic updos and classic, structured updos
- Current Inspirations: @balayageandbraids, @lalasupdos, @josievillay
- Secret Weapon: Super Skinny to tame frizz and reduce drying time and Neuro Lift to create body and protect from heat damage
- Favorite Hair Service to Perform: natural, lived in colors
- Favorite Hair Trend: textured cuts
- Stormy's Personal Hair Care Routine: fairly minimalist, washing once a week with Super Strong Shampoo and Super Strong Conditioner with Inkworks mixed in to keep color vibrant. Then uses Awapuhi Wild Ginger Styling Treatment Oil.
- Budget-Friendly Advice: Invest in quality products! As there is always something available at every price point, be honest about your budget and let your stylist help you find the right product for you.
- Stormy's Favorite Eminence Products/Skin Care Routine:
- Stone Crop Cleansing Oil - wash
- Lime Refresh Tonique - tone
- Rosehip Triple C+E Firming Oil - daily oil
- Mangosteen Daily Resurfacing Concentrate - pore refiner and fine line minimizer
- Rosehip & Lemongrass Soothing Hydrator - daily moisturizer
- Inika Organics/theBalm Cosmetics Favorites:
- Inika cruelty-free Foundation
- theBalm Brow Pow
- theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer
Stormy's favorite make up style for brides: soft, natural looks with the addition of false eyelashes and a focus on either the eyes or lips (not both!)