Wicked Team Member Highlights
Master Designer | Makeup Artist
| Follow Steph @stephani_ajswicked |
Feeling the blessings of being in the industry for 15 years now, this master designer could say her love for hair started at a very young age. Steph grew up around her mom's in-home daycare, where she loved styling all the little ones' hair before their parents would pick them up. Her love only grew when she pursued competitive dance. Learning how to do makeup and hair for performances was part of the excitement of it all - and from there, Steph was hooked.
When it came time to decide on a career path as a guidance counselor or as a stylist, Steph followed her heart to Citrus College cosmetology school in Glendora, CA, graduating in 2004. One of Steph's biggest draws to the industry was her ability to see how she could combine so many of her passions into one career. Steph saw an industry that offered endless growth and possibilities, an industry where education is key, and an industry that allowed her to make personal connections with others and find continuous growth within herself.
Steph is inspired by so many avenues in this big, beautiful world. Her biggest inspiration being her family, who are her biggest support system and #1 fans. A fellow Paul Mitchell artist who inspires Steph, not only for her style and amazing hair skills, but also her fashion of exuding positive energy and empowering others to be exactly who they are, is Mahogany Plautz. In that, Steph has discovered her personal aesthetic as eclectic with a classic twist. Loving a more vintage flare with simple statements, her personal mantra is "simplicity breathes, simplicity takes courage". This has allowed Steph to express her signature style behind the chair and in the every day.
- Steph's Signature: soft, textured, lived in looks with a classic twist
- Current Inspirations: @lanadelrey, @tabathacoffey, and @nicoleloyolahair
- Secret Weapon: Fast Form Cream Gel for versatile, faster styling for all hair types and Invisiblewear Volume Whip for providing long-lasting, crunch free hold with amazing shine and humidity control
- Favorite Hair Trend: both soft and sleek or textured and beautifully undone
- Favorite Hair Service to Perform: organic, hand painting and rich solids
- For your Healthiest Hair: treat your hair to an in-salon treatment and invest in quality products and hot tools, like those from Paul Mitchell Systems
- Steph's Personal Hair Care Routine: Awapuhi Wild Ginger Moisturizing Shampoo and Keratin Cream Rinse. Alternates with Invisblewear Shampoo and Conditioner. Follows with a Fast Form/Super Skinny Serum cocktail. Blow dries with the Neuro Grip Dryer and straightens with the Neuro Smooth flat iron. She also uses Neuro Protect to help protect her finer fabric of hair from heat damage.
Steph's Favorite Eminence Products/Skin Care Routine:
Monoi Age Corrective Exfoliating Cleanser - morning cleanser
Neroli Age Corrective Hydrating Mist - to waken the skin
Bamboo Firming Fluid - to firm skin
Citrus & Kale Potent C+E Serum mixed with the Facial Recovery Oil
Tropical Vanilla Day Cream SPF 32 - always protect the skin
Stone Crop Cleansing Oil mixed with the Strawberry Rhubard Dermafoliant
Guava & Bamboo Age - Defying Moisturizer - at night
Lip Trio Kit - exfoliate, masque, and plump the lips
Inika Organic Favorites:
Pressed Mineral Eye Show Duos
Certified Organic Lip Glazes
- theBalm Favorites:
- Betty-Lou and Mary-Lou Manizer
- Schwing Liquid Eyeliner
- Meet Matt(e) Hughes Liquid Lipsticks