Wicked Team Member Highlights
Great Lengths Extension Specialist | Designer
| Follow Sonja @sonjabruch |
Sonja can recall the exact occasion becoming a hairstylist crossed her mind - going back to the 4th grade. Growing up as a figure skater, she would help her team mates do their hair and makeup before skating competitions. And within these moments, her passion was born.
Sonja graduated from The Aveda Institute - Minneapolis in 2008. Later, she transitioned to the world of Paul Mitchell when she joined focus salon, Foushee SalonSpa, in Denver, Colorado. She first learned about AJ's Wicked Salon & Spa from Foushee's product rep. When he heard Sonja was going to be moving to the Rapid City area, he had nothing but amazing things to say about the salon - and Sonja knew it would be a great fit for her. Sonja's favorite part about working at Wicked is how well everyone truly works together. Through the care the management and her bosses put towards the rest of the team, Sonja feels it encourages everyone to work harder and be that much more successful. Within her own success, Sonja stands true to the importance of further education. As an industry that is changing every month, continuing her education is the foundation of everything the salon world does. To be a great stylist, Sonja believes, depends solely on your willingness to grow!
New to the Black Hills, Sonja hopes to spend the warmer weather camping, hiking, and fishing with her family. She's looking forward to checking off as many hikes as she can on the All-trails app and getting to know the Black Hills better through the local eateries, shopping local, and exploring the hidden gems it has to offer. Being most inspired by her family, especially husband and son, Sonja's core values include; dependability, loyalty, commitment, open-mindedness, consistency, honesty, and efficiency.
- Sonja's Signature: soft, natural blended hair by making hair live up to its natural full potential.
- Secret Weapon: Super Skinny Serum because it's great for all hair types and helps hair dry 40% faster and the MarulaOil 3in1 Styling Cream as it seals splits ends, fights frizz, and helps smooth.
- Look for Inspiration: @josievilay , @limonetree , @modernsalon , and @greatlengthsusa
- Sonja's personal hair care routine: uses the Tee Tree Scalp Care shampoo and conditioner once a week. She then uses the Awapuhi Styling Treatment Oil, followed by the MarulaOil 3in1. And Hot Off the Press before flat ironing/curling. Every other week, she uses the MarulaOil masque (the split ender) and leaves it on for 2-4 hours.
- Favorite hair trend: soft and natural balayage. golden tones.
- Favorite hair service to perform: babylights and balayage.
- For your healthiest hair: stop shampooing your whole head. Put a little conditioner on your ends and focus the shampoo on just your scalp - this will help your color from looking dull and your ends from drying out.
- Sonja's Favorite Eminence Products/Skin Care Routine:
- Stone Crop Cleansing Oil - takes makeup off, very gentle.
- Eucalyptus Cleansing Concentrate - favorite cleanser
- Citrus & Kale Potent C+E Serum and the Rosehip Triple C+E Firming Oil - day/night use
- Eight Greens Youth Serum - perfect solution for hormonal breakouts
- Eight Greens Whip Moisturizer - apply after serum
- Apricot Body Oil - all over body hydration