Wicked Team Member Highlights
Director of Education | Paul Mitchell National Color Educator | Master Designer
| Follow Jade @jadewicked.hair |
Upon finishing beauty school in Olathe, Kansas, Jade began an internship at a Paul Mitchell Focus Salon where her love and passion for the Paul Mitchell culture was ignited. It was during this time that she learned that John Paul Mitchell supports everything she believes in; from quality hair care, to their commitment to continued education, and their constant philanthropic work. Inspired by these values, she is currently working on a project to help bring confidence and safety education to her local community to prevent assault.
Moving to the Black Hills on a whim, Jade just knew AJ's Wicked Salon & Spa was the place for her. Not only as a Paul Mitchell Focus Salon, she was also drawn to it's aesthetic and the support the entire Wicked team provides for one another. Jade truly believes you are only as good as your peers, who inspire her to work hard every day and to practice and grow in her craft.
In her tween years, Jade chopped her own bangs and put pink spray paint in her hair. Inspired by Pop Art and figures like No Doubt and Blondie, she's drawn to quirky, edgy styles. To describe her personal aestheic; vintage, sentimental, and eclectic sum it all up. She never wants to stop expanding, as she endeavors to be in a constant state of change.
Jade finds John Paul Dejoria to be a huge inspiration - through his story, her perspective on how difficult life can be dissipates. Another beauty industry leader who inspires her is Lisa Botts - Lisa is about empowering others and changing the world in the most positive way. Jade also looks up to music icon, Alicia Keys, as she encourages women to be confident in their natural beauty, which is something Jade strives to do for others as well.
- Jade's signature: a full highlight service with a voluminous, polished blowout.
- Cut/style/Design: current inspirators are @jayne_edosalon , @domdomhair , and @harpersbazaarus
- Secret Weapon: before starting most services, sprinkle MarulaOil Rare Oil Treatment onto a MarulaOil Dressing Brush.
- Jade's own hair care routine: washes very infrequently and moisturizes daily because of her naturally dry, coarser hair.
- Pro Tool of Choice: the NEURO Style Iron because it's versatile and heats up fast!
- Favorite Hair Trend: French Girl Bangs.
- Desired trend to see this Spring: warmer tones like honey, amber, and copper with wash and go styling.
- Healthy Hair Maintenance Recommendation: mask weekly at home and request an in-salon treatment with every lightening service.
- Hair Care on a Budget: start with a shampoo and conditioner in bulk, then slowly add one styling product for your hair needs.
- Jade's favorite Eminence products/skin care routine:
- Facial Recovery Oil - daily use
- Stone Crop Oxygenating Fizzofoliant - once per week
- Bamboo Firming Fluid - daily use
- Rosehip & Lemongrass Repair Balm - as needed as a healing ointment in place of neosporin
- Inika Organic Favorites:
- The Vegan Brush Roll
- Their Certified Organic Pure Primer first, then their Mineral Foundation to produce a natural, flawless look
- Day to Night Limited Edition Eyeshadow Pallet
- theBalm Cosmetics Favorites:
- Cheater Mascara
- Schwing Eyeliner
- The Manizer's Collection
Jade's Makeup Tip: choose a concealer that is 1/2 to 1 full shade lighter than your skin tone to make you look fresh and awake.